Wednesday, April 4, 2012

So I wanted to catch y'all up on how the past few weeks have been going (prepping for this summers mission) God has been teaching me A LOT!..... lets start back on the day I found out...

March 12, 2012
I received the news that my application was one chosen and that I would be going on an 8-10 week mission trip to the Bahamas!!!! :) At first I did not know how to react because this notice was coming two weeks later than they stated they were going to notify everyone. I had emailed them and called and no answer so I figured that I didn't not get chosen for the mission team. I had accepted that fact and continued praying for God to open other doors of opportunities. So when I did receive the news that I was GOING ON THIS AWESOME GOD GIVEN Mission trip I was taken back! I told my parents and some of my friends and thanked God... this is when my excitement settled in! I got excited  and knew that this was right when i realized how many people were praying for me and with me during this time!

March 13, 2012
I had a freak out this morning about the Bahamas! I thought to my self many worldly things like how was I going to survive when I got back to the Bahamas with no job and no money!! I was being so selfish and also thinking I am soooo inadequate, how could God use me??? I mess up all the time, I forget sometime to make time in my day for God... why would he want to use me as a tool??? As I was thinking all these things I cried out to God and was stating His promises to provide and that He made me new  and he was going to use me how He pleased but I was still upset! I knew I was letting the devil get the best of me :( I continued to pray!
I spoke with a Very Valued Christ centered friend of mine who reminded me that when I am seeking God and doing things for Him that is when the devil will work the hardest on us... I was also reminded that IF GOD BRINGS YOU TO IT HE WILL BRING YOU THROUGH IT!!
I calmed down and was refocusing my mind on Christ... When I was thinking how grateful I am to have Valued friends and family who can support me and help me recenter my thoughts on Christ when needed!

SO if any one feels led please pray for me over the next months and donate if you feel led also! thank you ALL who have impacted my life! WE impact and are IMPACTED by all we come in contact with! love yall

I am asking for prayers in preparation for this mission. There is also a large financial commitment. I have to raise $2,000 by May 15,2012 .


No comments:

Post a Comment